Monday, October 02, 2006

Jessica's First Post

Jambo Everyone!

So...this is it! My last night in Canada! Tomorrow Matt and I leave for London where we will stay the night and then to Africa! I can't believe that the time has finally come. It feels that the time went by both quickly and slowly. I'm feeling very excited but a little nervous as I don't know what to expect; and I'm feeling a little sad because I already miss everyone back home! However, I will continue on because I know that Matt and I are in for a real adventure!

It was very nice to visit everyone before we left. It was also especially nice to visit Montreal (my very first time!), home of the famous Montreal smoked beef sandwich! YUM! Teddy and Sylvie were very generous and hospitible and it was nice to see them before we left (thanks for everything by the way!)! It was also great to see my friend Kristin who also lives in Montreal! A short visit, but worth all the Montreal traffic headache! Next on our journey was Matt's mommy's cabin in Sydenham! So beautiful to see the trees turning beautiful golds and reds! It was truly relaxing at Nancy's cabin and I thank her so much for the wonderful surroundings and chance to just sit around, relax, read and drink tea (no seriously, those were my jobs 'to do' while I was there!!)...oh! And not to mention, the scrumptious turkey dinner we had the night before leaving!

Anyways, I will leave you now and I promise to keep you all updated on my African journey! Hopefully I will be up to a lot of things like safaris and volunteering! I will let you all know what we're up to and I look forward to seeing a lot of you come January for Jason and Kirsten's wedding!!

Signing off now.... Jessica

No comments: