Friday, October 06, 2006

Jambo Sana!!

So! Matt and I are finally meeting scientists from all over the world! We met a Korean fellow named Lee, a few people from London and some good ol' home grown Canadians tonight! Very exciting. I put out the word that I was looking for work and people seemed to take to me so that was exciting. Will have to wait until Monday to find out if I can get anything here though! I am very excited and Matt and I are going into Nairobi tomorrow on a 'matatu' for some essentials. I believe I will be able to operate a phone tomorrow as it turns out my phone is a tri-band and is picking up signal here.

In terms of scenery, everything is beautiful! The weather couldn't be better and the foliage that surrounds us is so different from anything I've seen! Lots of flowering trees opposed to our cone producing evergreens! The only thing I'm not really used to the shanty slums but I think that I will get used to it. Anyways, I will keep in touch...I miss everyone very much!! Write soon!

No comments: