Saturday, January 13, 2007

Working hard

A mad scramble to write up the proposal for the grant mentioned in the last post made for an incredibly busy week for me. It was an interesting process that I learned a great from as we had about 5 people contributing to it from 3 different continents. Keeping the draft synchronized could have been very difficult, but was made easy by using Google Docs. It is now almost finally almost done, and just awaiting a few signatures before we submit.

I was glad to see that my ploy to get more comments in the last post was somewhat successful! We now have only about 8 weeks before we depart, and here is yet another clue for those of you that haven't figured it out quite yet:


Jessica will soon be off to Mexico for her brothers wedding for two weeks -- I will let her blog about it, but I know that she can't wait. I wish I could go too, but a Nairobi-Cancun return flight is a bit pricey at the moment! In the meantime we don't have too much planned since we are basically saving up for our upcoming big trip. We'll probably go on another small safari pretty soon, and we are leaning towards one of two parks down towards the Tanzanian border: Amboseli or Masai Mara. We'll keep you posted...

No comments: