Thursday, January 25, 2007

¡Ay, caramba!

Off to Mexico...

Very excited! Will be leaving in approximately 32 hours. I've been a little busy lately trying to sort everything out before leaving. There's been a couple of hiccoughs at work so things were definitely a little hectic. Alas, I am now looking forward to Jason and Kirsten's wedding in Mexico. After, I will be spending a couple of days in London with Kara and then back to Nairobi! What a little jet setter I've become! Who knew?

Other than work things have been going well in Nairobi. Our life here is definitely settled now and wouldn't you believe it? It actually feels like we live here! I have to say we're much more spoiled than I thought we would be! Good food, clean place to live and...TV! Haha, even though Ive tried to resist I can't help but watch all the goodies...Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break, 24, Lost...it's all here...only one season behind! Ripped illegal DVD's are pretty easy to come by here though so it's pretty easy to catch up!

Anyhow, just thought I'd give a brief update. I'm sorry I haven't been as diligent as Matt has been about the blog but it seems like I've been here for so long that it doesn't really seem like there's a whole lot of new to report! Things are going extremely well though and I look forward to coming back here and doing more Sexual Education workshops and finishing up my work at the lab! I'm also looking forward to Matt and my year end trip when I return...has everyone figured out where we might be going?

Well, off to my farewell dinner I'm having with Matt tonight...we're going to try out a new Japanese restaurant we heard of...hopefully it's good!

See you all soon!

Jess

2 comments:

Another Day said...

Hey! So Kara is in London??? Have fun in Mexico - you really are becoming quite the jet-setter. What are your plans for this summer? I'm thinking of getting a job in Vic/Van so hopefully we won't be too far from each other! Everything in Montreal is going well - it's really starting to feel like home now. Anyway, miss you - take care! Kristin

Matt Pope said...

Hey Kristen, Matt here. I heard from Jessica this morning, and it sounds like she made it to Mexico safe and sound. Right now she's probably sipping on margaritas by the poolside while I am stuck in the lab analyzing mouse blood. No fair.

Jess & I will definitely both be in Vic for the summer so you can count on us not being to far away if you end up working in Vic/Van!